(A glimpse into my life as a Vanderbilt medical student)

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Caffeine Highs and Cerebellar Peduncles



They say to write what you know. So here goes nothing: squamous and small cell carcinomas are typically associated with smokers while adenocarcinoma has a higher incidence in women and nonsmokers. I could go on, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be conducive to a high hit count. Blogroll me, the random pathology fact blog. I can see my counter spinning.

The truth is that my thoughts are consumed with random facts about lung cancer and the cerebellum. Midterm week is no time to consider trivial matters like food or friendships. There is minutia to cram and slides to study. Sleep? Sleep is for law students, I’ve got work to do. With hundreds of pages of path notes piling up around me I struggle to keep it all straight. Was it 11.p.13 that’s associated with Wilms’ tumor…or was that renal cell? My caffeine high is wearing off. Did Clarke’s nucleus project through the inferior cerebellar peduncle or was it the restiform body? I down my liquid legal stimulant and fight to stay conscious. Consciousness…from the reticular formation…uncal herniation….candy zebras….sadfasfalsk…zzzzzzzzz.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I saved almost 80% on my prescriptions. The RxDrugCard.com prescription plan really works. Best of all, RxDrugCard.com actually lists member prices on its website www.rxdrugcard.com No surprises. I found out before joining how much I was going to save. Their website is www.rxdrugcard.com. This is the best Prescription drug card I have ever found. Their literature claims that RxDrugCard.com members saved an average of $24.81 per prescription in 2004 and that the average discount was 68% for generics and between 14.5% and 19.6% for brands. I saved more than this on my prescriptions. If you want prescription savings this is the card to have. You can save more on Drugs than in Canada or the Canadian pharmacies on most medications.

11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Nelle said...

You should update. :D

8:56 PM

 
Blogger jon said...

caribbean medical school top surfing tonight I saw your blog. I liked it and wondered how you did that? Anyway, its a cool caribbean medical school top site...

Jon

7:09 PM

 
Blogger jon said...

chime exchange textbook are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for chime exchange textbook all night for a new chime exchange textbook class but havent been able to track down used chime exchange textbook that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you chime exchange textbook blog...

jon

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Scott said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a 6 week body makeover and body type related site. Most of the articles are on 6 week body makeover and body type.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger jon said...

I was looking at your posts about cancer colon symptom and found a good article about the same cancer colon symptom info too...

God luck with it : )

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about extreme body makeover) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about extreme body makeover related articles and subjects.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Kevin Jackson said...

Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine and dieting and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine and dieting appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Rob,
I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Life as a Doc Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Alice McNally said...

MedsMD could be a safe and secure on-line pharmacy, that has given thousands of people a quicker and a lot of convinient manner of obtaining prescription medications. MedsMD.com provides only authentic, United States sourced medications at cheap costs.
click here

6:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home