(A glimpse into my life as a Vanderbilt medical student)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Study Time and Web Design



Sunday afternoon: A time for picnics in the park, walks with your dog, or (if you happen to be a slave to the medical education institution) intense study sessions where you desperately try to fend off an impending sense of doom. For med students, Sunday is crunch time. As I prepared to face pathology head on, I had a sense that there was something else that needed to be done. So, after cleaning my room, washing my clothes, loading the dishwasher, and organizing my desk, I knew it was time to get down to business. My blog needed an updated design.

Inspired by one of my favorite shows on TV right now, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (say what you want, it’s quality entertainment), I decided to do a little bit of extreme makeovering myself. As a self-confessed tech junkie, I didn’t think coding would be much of a problem. Apparently, knowing how to work an iPod doesn’t really qualify you to edit your own cascading style sheets. I quickly found this out, but I was determined. There would be an updated design by the 6:00 deadline. If Ty and company could do it, so could I.

While browsing through my seventy fifth help site for Photoshop, I felt the specter of pathology looming and decided that my efforts were sufficient for the day (one major advantage of not having a camera crew record your renovation exploits). Hopefully all you talented web designers can accept my site as a (rather pitiful) metaphor for my life: a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home